I (Joel Klebanoff) am going to write in the first person here, because
privacy is important to me. Rather than legalese, which often obscures
the true meaning for the average reader, I offer, in plain English, the
- The only information that will be collected about individuals visiting
this site will be information that I feel will increase the value
of their visits.
- I will not use any information collected for anything other than the stated
- No personal information will be sold, shared or otherwise
distributed information without the express permission of the individual
providing it. This promise includes e-mail addresses and all other information.
- The only place where spot where you can provide your e-mail address to the site is in the comments section of my blog. It is optional. You can enter a comment without providing your e-mail address. If you do choose to provide it, it not be displayed. And it is subject to the rules above about not being sold, shared or distributed without your permission. It just offers a means for me to get in touch with you directly.
What I Cannot Promise
- I may form affiliations with other companies and include links to them
from this site. I cannot make privacy promises on their behalf. If you
are concerned about privacy, when you follow a link to an affiliate partner,
please look for and read their privacy statement and act accordingly.
- The demographic poll accessible from the pages containing banner advertising
is administered by our advertising representative, BURST!Media. While I
have confidence in its integrity, responsibility for the confidentiality
of information provided in the survey lies with BURST!Media. All data in
the survey, and the survey itself, is optional.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
The advertising companies we use offer an information collecton opt-out feature. You can elect to opt-out of each of these company’s information facilites through a single opt-out page administered by the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). NAI’s opt-out page is located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
One of the ad serving companies we use is Google. In particular, Google wants to make the following known about its DoubleClick DART cookie:
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet.